THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (ISM) – IUK
The International Higher School of Medicine as a structural unit of IUK academic consortium was established in 2003. The main prerequisite for establishment of the school was a strategy of reforming Kyrgyz education system and increasing competitiveness of domestic universities, which resulted in the main emphasis of IHSM administration and faculty being focused on the creation of a modern dynamic educational institution that can provide high quality training and has competitive potentials in the medical education market. The School’s MD program is ranked the best in the nation with our teachers, scientists, and physicians being the leading experts in their fields. Currently, the International Higher School of Medicine is a modern university with a comprehensive infrastructure, and experienced faculty members that are nationally and some of them worldwide recognized specialists in different areas of medicine, professional health organizations and agencies. The IUK is a Member of the World Association of Universities and Colleges (WAUC), Association of European Universities (EUA), European Association for International Education (EAIE), Global Alliance for Transnational Education (GATE), Federation of The Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW), International Association of Universities under UNESCO.
Seventeen years ago the first 13 students were enrolled, whereas at present about 3500 students study in the school. Most of our students are citizens of foreign countries: India, Pakistan, South Korea, USA, Great Britain, Russia, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Japan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Turkey and Syria. This is why the language of instruction is English.
Thus, the main priority for the administration of IHSM is still to continue the enhancement of a modern dynamic educational institution that provides high-quality education to have a competitive potential in the education market. IHSM is the top university of Kyrgyzstan according to the National Rating 2019 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Kyrgyz Republic.
Although the key to academic success of any faculty members and students is a hard work to ensure the inviolability of main pillars of school’s success, these are in fact three basic principles to keep it run successfully: Equity, Quality, and Transparency reflected in our school Mission and Vision and developed to the best of IHSM integrity code.
History of the University
The international university of Kyrgyzstan (IUK) was created in march 1993 by a decree of president of the Kyrgyz republic (state license al #039) that gave the university a status of an international higher education institution. The IUK is located in Bishkek – the capital of the Kyrgyz republic. The building of the IUK is one of the oldest and most beautiful buildings of Bishkek that is located on a central street of the city. In addition to Bishkek campus, the university has three campuses which are located in the following cities: Osh and Jalal-Abad (southern region of Kyrgyzstan) and in Karakol – city (Issyk-Kul region of Kyrgyzstan). The IUK is a Member of the World Association of Universities and Colleges (WAUC), Association of European Universities (EUA), European Association for International Education (EAIE), Global Alliance for Transnational Education (GATE), Federation of The Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW), International Association of Universities under UNESCO.
The International School of Medicine (ISM) created in march 2003 as part of the strategy for reforming the education system and improving the competitiveness of domestic universities. The main emphasis in the creation of the ism was made on the creation of a modern dynamic educational institution that provides high-quality training and has a competitive potential in the market of medical education. The International School of Medicine of the International University of Kyrgyzstan is an official state educational institution with the license of ministry of education and science of Kyrgyz republic for medical education in general medicine within 5 years of study. (official license al #540).
MBBS IN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (ISM)
- The sole objective of establishing a higher medical education university offering relevant courses for students of Kyrgyzstan as well as from abroad.
- It is an extended branch of International University of Kyrgyzstan which is considered as one of the most reputed university in the whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- The International School of Medicine is the one and only medical college in Kyrgyzstan which has recognition for its 5 years course in Kyrgyzstan.
- The same is accredited & recognized by major organizations of the world like the world health organization (who), IMED, and Faimer & Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Among All The Departments Functional As The ISM, The Major Ones Are Faculty Of General Medicine, Faculty Of Micro & Macro Anatomy, Faculty Of Pathology, Faculty Of Surgery, Faculty Of Humanitarian Sciences, Faculty Of Obstetrics &Gynecology, Faculty Of Internal Medicine, Therapy And Many More.
- The International School of Medicine awards the degree of M.D. (physician) to students who complete their study of 5 years successfully. This degree is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India. The students need to pass the MCI screening test after completion of MBBS in ISM for practicing in India as a doctor.
- Students who wish to pursue further education after MBBS in Kyrgyzstan may join the postgraduate program in ism in any specialty they wish to, For E.G. Pediatrics, Gynecology, Surgery, Traumatic Surgery, Therapy, Internal Diseases, Etc.
- Apart from these postgraduate courses offered at international school of medicine, students may also opt for some short-term specializations or diploma courses for the enrichment of skills in a specific field.
- This is the main center for studies in the International School of Medicine (ISM).
- This is also the main campus for International University of Kyrgyzstan (IUK) where other faculties other than medicine also take place. It also consists of the main library where students can get books issued for studies. It also has many halls with multimedia facilities and auditoriums.
- Training at ism is conducted according to the European System of Transformation of Credits (ESTC), which enables to move from any course of studies at ISM to European universities.”All the ISM programs are approved and licensed by the ministry of education and ministry of health of Kyrgyz republic.”
- The library possesses a unique book stock (above six thousand items) including traditional and new information-carrying mediums, among them there are books in the line of medicine: Therapy, Pediatric, Oncology, Dermatology, Gynecology, Histology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Orthopedic, Etc.
- At this moment there are registered about 600 students and 80 teachers in the library.