KYRGYZ STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY
On July 5, 1996, by the decree of the president of the Kyrgyz republic, the Kyrgyz state medical institute was transformed into the Kyrgyz state medical academy. In the institute organization, invaluable assistance showed the 1st Moscow, Leningrad, Almaty, Tashkent and other medical institutes. They rendered advisory and organizational assistance, provided with medical literature and directed pedagogical cadres for a permanent job at the institute. There were organized chairs of CPSU history and political economy, normal anatomy, biology, histology, general chemistry, physics, foreign languages and others for which worked 16 teachers. During the great patriotic war in Kyrgyzstan were evacuated the 2nd Kharkov medical and Stomatologic institute and the Moscow Stomatologic institute which joined KSMI. Burdens of a wartime complicated institute work.
in connection with structural changes in 1996 by the decree of the president of the Kyrgyz republic, the institute is reorganized into the Kyrgyz state medical academy. The recto rate carries out measures for academy transition to conditions of market economy. There is a contract system of training. There is a modernization of educational, methodical and scientific research process.
since 2000 in KSMA begun introduction of the new training programs adapted for the international standards. Now in KSMA, there are medical, pediatric, Stomatologic faculties, faculty on the training of foreign citizens and institute of the pharmacy, higher nursing education, management and public health care, medical school. Besides, the institute of post-graduate training of KSMA, research institute of fundamental problems of medicine and biology and the center of the international cooperation are functioning. The academy prepares doctors for the countries of far and near abroad; training is conducted in Russian and English languages.
- KSMA international cooperation is based on more than 30 direct contracts and agreements. Academy works with universities of Belarus, China, Kazakhstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Switzerland, South Korea, And Others.
- Cooperation with faculty of medicine of Geneva university in improvement of medical training;
- exchange of students on academic mobility programs with Novosibirsk State Medical University;
- K. Akhunbaev KSMA is a member of the International Association of Universities (Uluslararası Universiteler Birligi – UUB);
- (Mevlana) academic exchange program with universities in Turkey;
- “learning a foreign language for professional purposes» (Foreign Languages Education For Professional Purposes – FLEPP) within TEMPUS (TEMPUS).
- KyrMedu – advancing university education in biomedical engineering and health management in Kyrgyzstan within ERASMUS+ programme.
There are 600 highly qualified faculty members, including 7 academicians of national academy of sciences of the Kyrgyz republic (NAS KR), 4 corresponding members of NAS KR, 55 doctors of sciences and 215 PhD. (candidates of sciences) at KSMA. The university has the following faculties:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Medical And Preventative Care
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty for Foreign Citizens
The general medicine is the amplest faculty with the majority of students from abroad as well as locals. General medicine faculty the only one that is available in English medium for foreigner students. The English medium faculty is highly experienced, skilled &proficient in teaching foreign students. While all other courses available in KSMU are in a Russian / Kyrgyz language only.
Apart from general medicine, Stomatology and pediatrics are also available for foreigners. Therefore, students can continue their education in a various discipline like surgery, therapy, neonatology, ophthalmology, gynecology, obstetrics, hematology, pediatrics, etc after completing their graduation. Furthermore, the medical library of KSMA is one of the biggest in the whole of Kyrgyzstan including more than 4, 00,000 books, with 16 branches and five reading halls. The library comprises of digital reading material in CD’s offering suitable videos and illustrations too, which will help students to understand their stream of knowledge very well. The electronic library in Kyrgyz state medical academy was established in the year 2005. There are two reading halls with computers with medical education materials.
Rapid Growth : KSMA is advancing in all sectors at breaking speed and is not showing any sign of slowing down. The university provides the best possible facilities for health care to education to transportation. Being part of such tremendous growth does wonder for your personal growth as well as providing all the necessities.
No Entrance Exams : Many countries like India have very demanding and difficult entrance examinations that you need to crack before you can actually attend medical school. In KSMA no such pressurizing exam exists. This is one of the main reasons that you should do your MBBS in KSMA.
Cost Effective : The fee structure of MBBS courses in KSMA is lower than any other medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan. They provide quality education that is on par with any college in the US or UK at a very budget-friendly price. Students studying MBBS in KSMA, Kyrgyzstan have nothing to worry when it comes to financial matters
Globally Recognized Medical Degree : The medical degree is globally acclaimed and is recognized by many international bodies, the KSMA is recognized by the MCI. The students who graduate from KSMA will be allowed to sit for the MCI screening test.
- Kyrgyz state medical university has a separate hostel for international students which is fully furnished & good study environment. KSMA provide mess facility for international students with all types of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. All this at a very low cost & food is served three times in a day i.e. breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Students can continue their education in post-graduation in various specialties like surgery, therapy, neonatology, ophthalmology, gynecology, obstetrics, hematology, pediatrics, etc.
- The medical library of KSMA is one of the largest in the whole of Kyrgyzstan comprising of more than 4, 00,000 books and also having digital reading material in CD’s which provide suitable videos and illustrations too.
- The academic buses which are made available to the students and the faculty members for commuting from various points in the city.