Every year many students from across the world get admission in top medical universities in Barbados to study MBBS in Barbados. Barbados is a beautiful small island country in the Lesser Antilles, in the Americas. It is situated in the western area of the North Atlantic and 100 km (62 mi) east of the Windward Islands and the Caribbean Sea.
The name ‘Barbados’ was derived from the Bearded Fig Trees which were found in abundance at some point of time. This island is completely surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean.
Barbados is a mix of culture, food, nature, the sea and amazing climate. The climate in Barbados from June to November is rainy and is called the “wet season”. from December to May, the weather is dry and is called the “dry season”.
Barbados is member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and participates actively in its work. English is official language of this country which helps international students to adapt easily.The literacy rate is 100% in this country.
Why MBBS In Barbados?
In spite of being a small country, Barbados has proved to be one of the favorable destinations for medical students around the world who want to get MBBS degree abroad. The affordable fee structure and quality of life in this country attract many students from various countries. The following are the reasons why Barbados is becoming a hot destination for MBBS:
1. The standard of education is similar to the US as this country follows the US education system and curriculum.
2. The graduates from the medical universities in Barbados are given opportunity to attend various international seminars and conferences. This helps in their development as successful doctors.
3. The cost of the complete course of MBBS in Barbados is quite affordable as compared to U.S., Korea, Japan and other European countries.
4. Barbados has Top Medical Universities which offer world class education with high quality standards and well experienced staff.
5. The MBBS degree and other medical degrees obtained from a Barbados Medical University are recognized by MCI. The students from India are able to come back and work in India.
BRIDGETOWN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Bridgetown International University welcomes the complete fleet of academically qualified students to reach their dreams of emerging as the most proficient medical practitioners across the world. Believed towards envisaging the finest quality medical education for decades, Biomed, Barbados is one of those platforms built to invent the best quality medical practitioners who are pro at their work. It holds one of the best settings for medical education in and across Barbados. Language of instruction: English Type of the educational program: Academic Status of the program – Accredited Degree qualification: Medical Doctor, MDDuration: 12 semesters program capacity: 360 credits.
Each of our four courses under mentioned holds a different set of eligibility requirements to get admission into our esteemed university. Fulfilling these mandatory requirements, a candidate can easily get through an entrance into our institution. Refer further to the detailed eligibility list and criteria under the eligibility section of our website, however, the general requirements hold the following:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age
- Applicant must be Physics, Chemistry and Biology qualified during their HSC with good grades
- Applicant should have successfully completed an Associate degree or under-graduation in relevant field.
Many cultural and extra-curricular activities are organized by the University to ensure complete development of the students. The management at the University also puts in efforts to guide the students towards outdoor sports during their tenure. Gymnasium, Sports complexes and Swimming Pool have been accommodated in the premises to facilitate the students and help them take some rest while developing their focus in life. A huge cafeteria has been accommodated in the main building of the University which offers a wide range of cuisines and delicacies. Lastly, the security of the premises has also been planned and programed in order to secure the entire perimeter and provide students with hassle-free movement in the campus.